Deputy Director - Audit Division
The Audit Division of the Office of the State Comptroller (OSC) is responsible for conducting performance audits of the executive branch of State government, including all entities exercising executive branch authority, public institutions of higher education, independent State authorities, municipal governments and school districts in accordance with Government Auditing Standards. The Deputy Director of the Audit Division works collaboratively with the State Comptroller, Directors, Audit Supervisors, and staff auditors to carry out the initiatives of the Audit Division. The Deputy Director will fulfill the role of the Director as needed and assist in day-to-day duties to successfully manage and maintain operations.
• Assists Director in overseeing the ongoing progress of audit planning, including the analysis of risk throughout state and local government to ensure efficient and meaningful deployment of personnel and audit resources.
• Supports the Director in ensuring that the audits are performed in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS) and ensures that all audits are completed within the Division’s quality-control system.
• Assists in setting timelines for performance audits and other projects and measures the Division’s adherence to benchmarks and goals for completion of such audits and projects.
• Provides appropriate staff supervision and timely review of work.
• Oversees audit teams providing guidance to ensure audits and reports are issued timely.
• Develops action plans for staff development as needed to ensure effective and efficient audit methodology, work papers that meet GAGAS and OSC standards, and audit reports that offer recommendations for improved operations.
• Works with the Comptroller, Audit Director and Directors of other OSC divisions to develop and implement audit and office-wide strategic initiatives.