Financial Audit Manager
*** SIGN-ON BONUSES NOW BEING OFFERED ***
A Sign-On Bonus of $16,000 for the successful applicant of this posting.
The Office of the State Auditor (OSA) is looking for an Audit Manager to lead various financial audits performed on entities across state government, including institutions of higher education. As part of our team, you will get to:
What is the mission of OSA?
The Mission of OSA is to provide unbiased and irrefutable audit and investigative reports so legislators, government officials, agency leaders, and others can make informed decisions, hold entities accountable, and ensure good stewardship of public funds. OSA’s work today is focused on achieving the Vision of protecting the future of North Carolinians by devoting the majority of our resources toward eliminating wasteful government spending and improving government services. This requires an organization that is competent, agile, and inspired by the work we do every day.
What do we offer?
- Plan, organize, and manage the entire audit process under the supervision of a senior audit manager.
- Work with diverse workforce and motivate staff towards meeting goals.
- Coach and mentor staff, exerting a positive influence on career growth and development.
- Perform detailed review of workpapers prepared by audit team.
- Prepare and review audit reports and audit findings.
- Interact with client management.
If you have student loans, becoming a state employee includes eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. Visit www.studentaid.gov to learn more
- A chance to make a difference in state government.
- Work-Life Balance:
- 40-hour work week with flexible schedule options including the ability to work longer days and then work a half day on Monday or Fridays. Additionally, any hours worked over 40 results in compensatory time off!
- Generous paid time off each year, including:
- 12 paid holidays per year
- 1 paid personal observance leave day
- At least 14 vacation days accrued per year (increases with years of service)
- 12 paid sick days accrued per year
- 24 hours paid community service leave
- Flexibility to work remotely as business needs allow.
- Competitive pay and affordable health insurance options
- Enrollment in the State’s pension plan and options for additional supplemental savings plans.
- Excellent training opportunities from top notch instructors and professional associations.
- Opportunity to work with a team of professionals.
Financial Audit Manager
||NC Office of the State Auditor
||$74,429 - $145,136
|Posting Start Date:
||Do you have what it takes?
- a bachelor’s degree with 24 semester hours in accounting and 5 years of experience in auditing/accounting, one of which must have been functioning as an audit lead or manager; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- considerable knowledge of governmental auditing and accounting standards.
- the ability to plan and assign tasks and work on multiple projects at a time.
- the ability to monitor the progress of audits and manage resources to ensure budgets and deadlines are met.
- the ability to review, interpret, and apply laws, regulations, policies and procedures, and technical and professional standards.
- strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to conduct interviews.
APPLY HERE before posting closes June 4, 2023 at 5:00pm
||This listing expires on: 6/25/2023