Please note that all jobs are managed by the member office posting the position, not by NASACT.
Associate Management Auditor
Division of Audits determines the legality and accuracy of all claims against the state through the performance of pre- and post-payment audits. The division assures the accuracy of local government claims and financial statements submitted to the state and federal government by annually reviewing and revising audit guidelines, reviewing audits performed by independent local auditors under these guidelines, and performing audits of a variety of state and federal programs. Through audit activity, the division identifies improper expenditures of state and federal funds.
Associate Management Auditor
||California State Controller's Office
|Posting Start Date:
This position has telework options available
Scope of Position:
Under general direction provided by the Audit Manager (Senior Management Auditor), the Associate Management Auditor will independently and proficiently perform at the first full journey level by performing various technical activities for the Quality Assurance Unit within the Executive Office of the Division of Audits. An Associate Management Auditor may be assisted by other Associate Management Auditors and Staff Management Auditor (Specialist) in performing quality assurance-related assignments. The incumbent also may be assigned to other projects within the Unit that require a full journey level auditor skill set.
- Travel to and from Monterey Park (MP) office for in-house training and to attend conferences if necessary- average 10% overnight travel.
- The incumbent is required to have a valid driver's license.
Duties and Responsibilities:
(Candidates must perform the following functions with or without reasonable accommodations.)
Quality Monitoring Services:
- Plan, coordinate and conduct quality monitoring (QM) of engagement reports and audit documentation (in hard copies and electronic format) to determine compliance with professional auditing standards and the Division’s policies and procedures (P&P);
- Summarize QM results to bureau management in writing and conduct meetings to discuss the final QM results with bureau management;
- Follow up with bureau management on corrective actions for the deficiencies identified from the QMs;
- Perform various engagement monitoring for compliance with the Division’s P&P including but not limited to: 60 days close-out, active and final engagement status;
- Assist in developing QM guidelines that meet the annual monitoring requirements;
- Assist in developing or modifying quality review checklists.
- Assist in developing and updating the Division’s Engagement Manual and supplements, Electronic Work Paper (EWP) Protocol, and QA Alerts on emerging technical issues/topics for dissemination to audit staff as needed;
- Assist in preparing and summarizing technical bulletin for newsletter publications;
- Assist in developing engagement tools (e.g., forms and checklists), as needed, to assist auditors in performance of engagements;
- Assist in evaluating internal policies related to performance of engagements and report issuance based on QM review results;
- Provide technical consultative services to staff and management concerning the interpretation and application of professional auditing standards or complex accounting and auditing topics;
- Research and analyze proposed legislative bills;
- Assist in preparing consolidated QM reports and Annual QA report and assist with the preparation for external peer review on a tri-annual basis;
- Perform various ad-hoc technical assignments within the Unit’s functions as needed including, but not limited to, research, analysis, and testing of EWP implementations.
Electronic Work Paper (EWP) Facilitation:
- Serve as a back-up EWP Subject Matter Expert (SME) for QA Unit;
- Assist with coordinating and facilitating SME meetings;
- Attend and take minutes of quarterly meetings with all the Division’s EWP SMEs, including those from Monterey Park office;
- Work collaboratively with SCO Information Systems Division and Division of Audits IT staff on various EWP related issues, including creating EWP test scripts for version upgrade;
- Work with Bureau SMEs in testing version upgrade and other user-interfacing issues relative to EWP.
||This listing expires on: 6/27/2023