Please note that all jobs are managed by the member office posting the position, not by NASACT.
The Division of Accounts maintains the official accounting records for the state's budget, processes state payments, submits various IRS reports, and prepares the state's comprehensive annual financial report.
The Department of Finance and Administration, Division of Accounts is seeking an accountant with a proven sense of accountability and ambition for financial stewardship and fiscal transparency. Management of agency accounting department and oversight of accounting functions to include but is not limited to the following areas:
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of monthly accounting checklist tasks
- Timely and accurate payment of invoices and recording of accounts receivables
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and analytical review of agency financial results
- Communication of financial results to accounting and agency executive management
- Completion of state-wide year-end closing tasks on or before established deadlines
- Internal and external financial reporting including federal grant reporting
- Create and maintain documented accounting standard business practices and procedures
- Completion of annual risk assessment and corrective action plans to mitigate those risks
|State of TN Department of Finance and Administration
|$11,075 - $17,700 per month
|Posting Start Date:
|The Department of Finance and Administration, Division of Accounts is seeking an experienced CPA with a proven track record of increasing responsibility that can make a significant, immediate contribution to the management of state agency accounting operations. Applicants should have a minimum of ten years’ experience in managing accounting staff and operations. CPA is required.
|This listing expires on: 4/1/2024