President Doug Cotnoir, state controller of Maine, recently welcomed association members and corporate partners to Portland, Maine, for the 42nd annual conference of the National Association of State Comptrollers. The conference was held at the Westin Porland Harborview and was attended by 160 members, corporate partners, and other government affiliates.
The conference was preceded by meetings of NASACT’s Executive Committee, NASC’s Executive Committee, the Committee on Financial Reporting and Accounting and several user groups.
At the annual business meeting, NASC voted in the new Executive Committee for 2023-24:
- President: Cheryl Grey, Montana
- Vice President: Bob Jaros, Colorado
- Secretary/Treasurer: Rob Hamilton, Oregon
- Immediate Past President: Doug Cotnoir, Maine
- Mike Corricelli, Tennessee
- Kathleen Baxter, Alabama
- Bill McNamara, Massachusetts
- Philip Olsen, Nebraska
Technical Agenda & Other Activities
The conference featured three roundtable sessions and various general sessions covering a range of topics. View the complete conference program.
|NASC President Doug Cotnoir welcomed attendees to Portland, Maine.||The 2022-23 Executive Committee were thanked and recognized for their work during the year. Shown left to right (front row): Doug Cotnoir (ME), Bob Jaros (CO), Brandon Woolf (ID), (back row, left to right): Cheryl Grey (MT), Kathleen Baxter (AL) and Rob Hamilton (OR). Not pictured: Mike Corricelli (TN) and Jay Cleveland (IA).|
|Clark Partridge (right), a past president of NASC and former state controller of Arizona, was recognized with the Louis B. Goldstein Leadership Award for his long and distinguished career and his contributions to government and the Association's work.||Tera Klutz (IN) was presented with a NASC President's Award for her contributions as chair of the Association's Outreach Committee.
|Clark Partridge joined a prestigious list of Goldstein Leadership Award recipients. Two other recipients were present at the conference: Martin J. Benison (left) and J.D. Williams (right).||NASC members voted to add two new members to the 2023-24 Executive Committee: Bill McNamara (MA, front row, second from left) and Philip Olsen (NE, front row, far right).|
Awards & ResolutionsAt the conference banquet held on Wednesday, March 22, President Cotnoir presented several awards:
- Clark Partridge, former state comptroller of Arizona, received NASC’s highest honor, the Louis L. Goldstein Distinguished Leadership Award.
- Tera Klutz, Indiana auditor of state, received the 2023 President's Award.
- Jeremy Piggot, director of the Payroll and Tax Reporting Division with the Michigan Office of Financial Management, received a Special Recognition Award for his work as co-chair of NASC's Payroll Information Sharing Group.
Three resolutions were approved during the conference:
- Thanking President Cotnoir for his service as NASC's president.
- Recognizing Edgar C. Ross, former state controller of Kentucky, for his distinguished career and contributions to NASC and state government.
- Recognizing Donna Maloy for her contributions as NASACT's conference manager and wishing her well in her retirement.
NASC wishes to thank all those who helped with the conference, especially Program Committee Chair Cheryl Grey. NASC also wishes to thank all the speakers and moderators for sharing their time and expertise.
Special gratitude goes to each corporate partner at the conference for their financial support and technical expertise.