President Lynne Bajema, state comptroller of Oklahoma, recently welcomed association members and corporate partners to Oklahoma City for the 41st annual conference of the National Association of State Comptrollers. The conference, which was held March 16-18, was NASC's first in-person conference since the pandemic began in March 2020.
The conference was preceded by meetings of NASACT’s Executive Committee, NASC’s Executive Committee, the Committee on Financial Reporting and Accounting and several user groups.
At the annual business meeting, NASC voted in the new Executive Committee for 2022-23:
- President: Doug Cotnoir, Maine
- Vice President: Cheryl Grey, Montana
- Secretary/Treasurer: Bob Jaros, Colorado
- Immediate Past President: Lynne Bajema, Oklahoma (Lynne will retire at the end of March, and Brandon Woolf from Idaho will assume this role at that time)
- Rob Hamilton, Oregon
- Mike Corricelli, Tennessee
- Kathleen Baxter, Alabama
- Jay Cleveland, Iowa
Technical Agenda & Other Activities
|NASC President Lynne Bajema recognized the Executive Committee for their work during the year. Shown left to right: Lynne Bajema (OK), Rob Hamilton (OR), Bob Jaros (CO), Cheryl Grey (MT), Doug Cotnoir (ME), Brandon Woolf (ID) and Kathleen Baxter (AL). Not pictured: Mike Corricelli (TN).||Several awards were presented during the conference. Shown Left to right: John Radford (former controller of Oregon), Lynne Bajema (OK), Steve Funck (OK) and Rob Hamilton (OR).|
Awards & ResolutionsAt the conference banquet held on Wednesday, March 16, President Bajema presented several awards:
- John Radford, former state controller of Oregon, received NASC’s highest honor, the Louis L. Goldstein Distinguished Leadership Award.
- Linda Combs, State Controller of North Carolina was announced as the recipient of the Distinguished Service Award.
- Rob Hamilton, Manager of Statewide Accounting in Oregon, received the 2022 President's Award.
- Steve Funck, deputy state comptroller in Oklahoma, received a Special Recognition Award.
NASC wishes to thank all those who helped with the conference, especially Program Committee Chair Doug Cotnoir. NASC also wishes to thank all the speakers and moderators for sharing their time and expertise.
Special gratitude goes to each corporate partner at the conference for their financial support and technical expertise.